Coronavirus (COVID-19) and UVS' Efforts to Keep our Facility a Healthy Environment
Dear Upstate Veterinary Specialties Community:
With the ongoing concerns of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States, we want to assure our communities that we are following recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and the New York State Department of Health to protect the wellbeing of our staff and those visiting our hospital.
As a medical facility, all appointments will take place as planned and our emergency room will stay fully operational, however, we have implemented the following wellness advisory.
Wellness Advisory: In an effort to maintain the health of Upstate Veterinary Specialties staff and clients, we respectfully ask that you reschedule any appointments if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms or have exhibited signs within the past 72 hours.
We will continue to monitor the situation and stay abreast of important updates regarding the virus.
What UVS is doing:
- Designating UVS as a temporary NO HANDSHAKE ZONE. Please don’t take offense if our staff do not shake your hand upon arrival.
- Actively cleaning high touch surface areas such as doorknobs, counters, light switches, etc. with a disinfectant appropriate to fight against multiple viruses and bacteria.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers with 60-95% alcohol are available throughout the hospital for the usage of both staff and clients.
- Center for Disease Control flyers have been posted throughout the hospital outlining techniques to help prevent the spread of germs.
Prevention Tips from the CDC:
- Practice good hygiene: wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom; before eating; after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; and between client/patient visits.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%-95% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth, then throw the tissue into the trash can.
Thank you in advance for working with us and helping keep our facility a clean and safe environment. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Communications Specialist, Kimberly Brisk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The team at Upstate Veterinary Specialties
152 Sparrowbush Road
Latham, NY 12110