Veterinary Social Worker
If you enjoy helping both humans and animals alike, this could be the ideal opportunity for you! The Veterinary Social Worker will work closely with our clients and will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Provide supportive counseling, grief support, and help with end-of-life decision-making.
- Work as a member of the multidisciplinary team to enhance client care.
- Provide support to staff regarding their interactions with complex client emotional needs. Facilitate debriefing sessions for staff individually or in groups.
- This is a part-time position (20 hours/week) working with our clients on Friday evenings 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Saturdays and Sundays 10 am – 6:30 pm.
Candidate’s Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work is required. Licensed Master or Clinical Social Worker is preferred.
- Two years of social work experience is required, preferably in a medical, hospice or mental health setting. Experience with grief and bereavement counseling is necessary.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to remain calm during highly emotional situations.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and keep information confidential.
- Strong interest in the Veterinary field.
- Experience with the human-animal bond, traumatic loss, grief counseling, compassion fatigue prevention, and/or conflict resolution preferred.