Urgent Care Veterinary Assistant
Upstate Veterinary Specialties (UVS) is a privately owned, specialty and emergency veterinary practice located in the Capital District of upstate New York. Our congenial, supportive work environment includes a 24/7 emergency service and board-certified specialists in Cardiology, Emergency/Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Oncology, Radiology, Physical Therapy, and Surgery. Our mission is to help our patients live longer, happier lives through expert medical care and compassionate customer service.
Is UVS the place for you?
Are you bored with general practice and unsure about the next step in your career? Do you want to learn more about emergency and specialty veterinary medicine but concerned about being overwhelmed by the pace, skills and knowledge needed? Then our internal Urgent Care Team may be the place for you!
UVS is looking for Veterinary Assistants to join our newly created Urgent Care service. Our internal urgent care service will provide a fast-track option for outpatients with non-emergent conditions. Some types of cases that the Urgent Care team will evaluate and treat include but are not limited to: coughing or kennel cough, nail issues – broken or bleeding, lacerations, allergic reaction/vaccine reaction, bleeding skin tumors, toxicities, parasites – fleas, tapeworms, ticks, dehydration, decreased appetite and other non-emergent conditions.
**Candidates must have prior experience in a veterinary hospital or in animal husbandry.**
What’s in it for you?
At UVS, we work hard to be worthy of the trust from our referral network and community. Our clients see and know our compassion for our work, themselves, and their pets. In addition, we value our employees. We encourage our employees to pursue a healthy balance between work and life and offer multiple incentives that speak to our philosophy.
UVS offers a competitive benefits and compensation package which includes:
- Hourly rate depending on experience is $15 – $21 plus differentials of $1- 3 per hour for working past 6:00 pm and on the weekends.
- Fully paid medical, dental, and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan with matching contribution
- Annual $500 CE allowance and one day of paid time away for conferences and classes
- Generous paid time off including PTO, Floating Holiday and Bereavement
- Pet insurance stipend
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Growth opportunities to learn emergency and specialty medicine
- Variety of work schedules that include potentially evenings and one weekend day
Are you interested in an opportunity with UVS, but live too far for a daily commute? We may have a solution for you!
- UVS offers a housing allowance benefit to both full-time and part-time employees who work consecutive shifts. A daily or monthly allowance will be offered to employees who live more than 60 miles from UVS in order to obtain temporary housing while completing their scheduled shifts. This benefit is offered as part of the employment agreement upon hire.