We are a privately-owned hospital offering 24/7 emergency and critical care and board-certified specialty care to companion animals in New York State’s Capital District. Our services include Cardiology, Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Radiology, Rehabilitation, and Surgery. Our departments are supported by experienced LVTs, assistants, and client relations specialists. We have an on-site and diverse leadership team and a full-service administrative department.
Why We’re Different:
UVS strongly emphasizes staff fulfillment and work-life balance, which are demonstrated in our culture and practice philosophy. Being a privately-owned hospital, with leadership on-site, we can quickly respond to the needs of our doctors, staff, and community.
- We offer aggressive compensation for support staff, mirroring the starting salaries of human healthcare and ensuring our hospital recruits and retains the highest quality team members.
- We value life-long learning – encouraging and funding continuing education for our staff. We have several technicians in training to obtain their VTS (including one in Radiology) and many assistants who are becoming licensed veterinary technicians. Our new medical hires participate in an eight-week rotational training program to set staff on a path to success.
- We provide ample time away. Specialists can transfer their patients to our emergency service for overnight and weekend care, allowing our doctors to unplug and recharge.
- Since its inception, UVS ownership, who are all working clinicians, encourages specialists to take full ownership and control of their schedules and caseload. We believe that a Radiologist knows best how to run a Radiology service, leaving the details to the expert.
Our Referral Network:
Our area’s primary care veterinarians are accustomed to referral medicine and value our specialist’s expertise. Our referral base serves upstate and western New York, the Mid-Hudson Valley, western New England, and beyond.
Our hospital is a custom-built, 40,000-square-foot facility. Radiology works out of two ultrasound suites, one radiology reading room with two Dell Ultrasharp 27 4K monitors, a CT control room, and an MRI control room. X-rays is centrally located adjacent to the ER, ICU, anesthesia induction and surgery. The radiology suites are located adjacent to Internal medicine, Oncology and Cardiology.
Our advanced imaging modalities include:
- 5T Siemens MRI unit
- 64-slice Toshiba CT scanner with power injector
- OEC 9800 C-arm fluoroscope
- Phillips iE33 Ultrasound unit
- Wisonic Piloter Vet smart tablet portable ultrasound system
- Innovet digital radiography system with Smart DR software
- Asteris PACS
Any additional equipment necessary for a state-of-the-art Radiology practice will be considered.
Our hospital is located between Albany and Saratoga Springs, a lively and energetic region that balances our historical roots with a vibrant metropolitan atmosphere. The growing area is centrally located between the Adirondack, Catskill, and Berkshire mountains and the cities of Boston, New York, and Montreal. Our location offers easy access to public transportation with Amtrak stations and the nearby Albany international airport.
The area’s attractions include the Empire State Plaza, Saratoga State Park, Racetrack and Performing Arts Center, Lake George, Thatcher Park, The New York State Museum, and more. In the Capital Region, there is something for everyone with a variety of restaurants and entertainment venues. The region is a wonderful place to work and play. The area provides a thriving business community and exceptional educational institutes with urban, suburban, and rural living that is sure to satisfy your lifestyle. To learn more about Albany and the surrounding Capital Region, visit https://www.iloveny.com/places-to-go/capital-saratoga/spotlight-albany/.
Our Compensation Package:
The position offers a base salary of $180,000-$250,000 and is eligible for production bonus based on gross revenues. Additionally, UVS offers a competitive benefits package and buy-in opportunity for the individuals that share our practice philosophy and commitment to our mission. Our generous benefits include:
- Fully paid medical, dental, and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with a matching contribution
- Generous paid time off, including “floating” holidays
- Employee kennel and pet insurance stipend
- Substantial continuing education allowance
- A 4-day workweek
- Relocation allowance and signing bonus
Inquiries and resumes should be directed to Amy Landy, Recruiting & Onboarding Specialist
Phone: 518-783-3198 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 518-783-0409